Wednesday 23 July 2014

The Body Shop - All-in-One BB Cream

Hello PPB's

I got a little review for you today! :) I have seen this popping up everywhere recently and as  blogger I obviously had to go buy it and try it....right?

Anyway excuses out of they way. I trotted over to The Body Shop on my lunch break last week to and picked it up. I have always been a bit funny and hard to please when it comes to BB creams, I find them to be greasy on my skin and they just don't do much for me so I was a bit optimistic about trying, but with it only being £12 I thought it was worth a try.
Lets start with the packaging, I really like it, I love simple packaging, I just think it looks much better, much more professional, its also much overly big so it fits nicely into a make up bag or slips into your bag, because you really don't need a lot either just because the tube is small doesn't mean it won't last very long. The only thing I'm not to keen on is the fact that it shows every little finger print, I don't know about you but that really bugs me I like clean make up.

Okay application, they suggest applying it with a sponge or a brush for the best result, I have tried brush and also just using my fingers and both have worked just as well for me. It does blend really well, but you do have to focus on your hair line as I found it would cling to my little baby hairs and left that darker line is some areas, but if you really blend it in its easy to fix. It leaves my skin with a lovely natural soft look and just with a little bit of concealer under my eyes and some powder to set and I'm ready to go. The only thing I noticed about this is that, I have uneven skin tone and when I first put it on I find it made the red parts of my skin much more obvious, no one else said they could see it, but I could haha. The second time I used it I used a powder first and them applied the cream and found it to give a much nice even finish.

Does it last? Because its such a light coverage, they say its a medium cover but I would disagree and say its a light coverage, medium if you conceal and powder over the top. You don't really notice if it wears off like you would a foundation. I really liked this and found just topping up my powder through out the day kept we with a fresh face.
The formula itself comes out white, I can see lots of tiny little red/pinks dots in it to, so I think this is what makes it match your skin tone. It's advertised as a 'colour-adapting tinted cream' which I would see as okay one for everyone, but they do have 4 'shade' 00, 01, 02, 03, so I'm guessing its those little red dots that are different in each shade. The formula also includes Marula oil which makes it hydrating and smooth for your skin.

'MARULA OIL
We work with the Eudofano Women’s Co-operative in Ondangwa, Northern Namibia, to source our Community Fair Trade marula oil. The marula tree is held to be sacred to the people of Ovamboland, and Namibian women have traditionally used marula oil for generations to smooth and moisturise their skin. Now the 1750 Namibian women of the Eudofano Co-operative are building a business and a future on the ancient wisdom of marula. The oil they produce is cold-pressed to preserve its high quality, and enriches our products with its hydrating and smoothing properties.'

Over all I do really like this product and think its perfect for those day where you don't want to put on a full face of make up but want to look presentable in case someone pops round for a cuppa and lets me honest with a price like this you can't really go wrong :)
Let me know what you think of it if you've used it!

Speak soon! 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cara Wood | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig