Sunday 26 January 2014

Glossybox January '14 - Back to Basics

Hello PPB's

It's that time again! :) Glossybox day! I for one love coming home from a long a day at work to find my Glossybox neatly placed on my bed, ready for me to open and find the treasures inside! :) Today was not different. Glossybox have also had a little make over this year and I love it! 
(sorry about the bad pictures, my camera was having a bad lighting day)

The new boxes are a baby pink were as the old boxes were much more of a dusty pink, this is the only think I preferred on old box, mainly because the dusty pink went better with my room, but I love the deeper box and the way the lid pretty much covers the whole box. :) On top of the box it now says Glossybox with the symbol and there is also lovely new ribbon.
Anyway onto what matters, the content.
I really like this months box. Here is what I got.

Yu-Be Moisturising skin cream - This a a multi-use cult moisturising cream from Japan, from the sounds of it, its Japans answer for Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour cream. I obviously tried this straight away on my lips and it seems really nice, very conditioning on the lips, they felt so soft and soothed about I applied it, I'm excited to use this more, also love the fact there are 2 samples int he box, one sample this size is never normally enough :) This can be found at www.onestopbeauty.co.uk and costs £13.50 for 33g.

Balance Me Super toning body wash - I don't really like getting body washes in beauty boxes, I have so many little samples of body washes, this is has a blend of juniper, bermagmot, geranium and lavender essential oils in it, I don't really like the smell, but then I don't really like Lavender so that's probably why. It can be used as a wash in the shower or put it in your bath and soak in it. I did just that and getting past the smell, it did make my skin feel very nice while int he bath, it feels very silky on the skin. I just wish I liked the smell. This can be found at www.balanceme.co.uk and costs £10.25 for 250ml.

Anatomicals Puffy The Eye Bag Slayer Wake-up Under Eye Patches - These make me very excited! If you follow me on twitter you will know I have been looking for an eye cream to help with my tired eyes and under eye bags, I am yet to find one I like or that doesn't sting my eyes. I'm so excited to use these, It says to apply them to cleansed skin leave for 30 mins and then gently remove, it claims to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and revitalise the delicate skin round your eyes, Obviously its the revitalising I'm excited about, I can't wait to try these and will be doing a full post on them after :) I hope I like them! These can be found at www.asos.com and cost £6 for a 3 pack.

Vaseline Essentials Moisture Lotion - Not much to say about this, we all know Vaseline moisturisers are amazing and smell lovely, I love that this is a cute travel size though! perfect for the handbag and travel bag! This on is the Pure oats extract and Stratys one, I've never used this one before, I normally just go for the coco butter ones, I like to play it safe and get things I know I like the smell of...Can you tell I'm funny about scents?... This can be find in Boots www.boots.com and only costs £4.99 for 400ml

The Vintage Cosmetic Company Floral Slanted Tweezers - These are so cute! You can never have to many pairs of tweezers because if your anything like me I always lose mine when I need them post, I'm going to keep these ones in my handbag at all times then I'll know where a pair are all the time. I took a closer picture of them because they are just so cute!
My nail varnish btw is Essie bahama mama if your wondering. I tried the tweezers out and they seem really good as I would hope as they cost £8! Find that at www.thevintagecosmeticcompany.co.uk.

Over all I'm very happy with this months box :) A good start to the new year for Glossybox I think, a lovely new look and lovely products inside. What did you get in your box this month?

Lots of Love
PollyPocket
xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cara Wood | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig