Tuesday 17 September 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - First Impressions Review.

Hello PPB's! :)

In this months Company Magazine there was a small sample of the new 'Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation' now I have been wanting to get a new foundation for A/W, one that's got a bit more coverage, so I thought what a perfect time to do a review post, 1) So I can try out the foundation to see if I like it and 2) To help you guys choose a A/W foundation, because if you anything like me, you change up your foundations for different seasons! :)
So as you can see it was only a small sample, probably enough for 2 applications for me. Also how lucky that it came in the perfect colour for me! That never happens! 
The foundation is quite thick, I was expecting it to be a lot like the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse, which is some way it is, but I found it alot easier to work with, its a lot lighter in thickness terms compared the the dream matte mouse, its like in between a cream foundation and the mouse. I really liked it for that, easy to blend and build up! I use my fingers to first apply it and then I blended it out with the Real Techniques expert face brush, it was so nice to blend in and spread really evenly leaving me with even coverage with a matte finish! 
I honestly thought it was going to be quite drying again because that's what the dream matte mouse is like for me, but its so moisturising even around my nose which always looks dry no matter what I use! I would say its a medium coverage, but can be built on to created a fuller coverage.
Photo 1 - 9:45am
So easy to layer the rest of my days make up over and still left with a matte finish. The other make up I'm wearing is Benefit - The Porefessionals, Rimmel Wake me up concealer, Natural collection pressed powerder, Eylure eyebrow pencil in medium to dark blonde, BareMinerals Ready Bronzer/Luminizer combo, Maybelline Dream Touch blush in 02, Lancome Doll Eye Effect Mascara, Bombshell eyeliner pen in onyx (September Glossybox)
For this day I didn't touch up any of my make up through out the day because I wanted to see how it wore and show it in the pictures.
Photo 2 - 11am
The weather this day was horrible, rainy and cold and windy, you can tell from the hair! Curls have pretty much gone! However foundation and make up still going strong, Still no drying around my nose and eyes and still Matte! I also think the colour match its pretty good, having pale skin I really do struggle to get foundations that don't look orange on me, but I found this one made a perfect colour having my powder over the top!
Photo 3 - 6:30pm
So after a day at work and a very stressful bus ride back to the car, and a now very tired Cara I am so impressed with this foundation, by the end of the day my nose had started to look a bit dry but nothing like it normally does and the only places the started to show shine was my nose and under my eyes, but I rub my eyes a lot so I probably rubbed it off! However my blush and bronzer had not moved or faded, I know that's probably not all to do with the foundation but I normally find that as the foundation wears off that I'm wearing obviously my other face make up fades and wears off too.

I really do love this foundation so much more than I thought I was going to! I think I am going to purchase a full size to use this A/W I like it that much!

Have you tried this Foundation? What were your first thoughts? Also if any of you have any tips for keeping curls in let me know! :)

Lots of Love
PollyPocket
xxxx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cara Wood | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig