Friday 7 June 2013

Lush 'Roots' hair mask || Review

I have never tried any hair products from Lush I tend to go straight for the soap, bath bombs and bubble bars (I do love my baths) but I have been wanting to try a hair mask for some time. A side effect to my Arthritis is hair loss and my hair has been thinning really badly recently which has been making me really self-conscious :( bad times, so anyway lol I was looking for hair mask for thin hair to help me get some volume and life back into the mop on my head!
I was recommended this
All the ingredients in this are to help thicken, strengthen and condition fine hair; 

'Starting with three kinds of mint to stimulate the scalp and hair follicles, olive oil to give condition and strength, honey to soften and soothe and nettle absolute for shine.  We’ve topped this off with a delicate perfume containing sweet orange oil, neroli and grapefruit oil all known to be cheerful and uplifting.  Together these are the foundations to build great hair.' - Lush.co.uk
The consistency of this mask I was not expecting! its very thick and paste like, I found it quiet hard to spread through my hair, however the fact that you have to really massage it into the scalp also helps with the growth of hair, did you know here comes a useless fact your meant to massage your scalp about 2/3 times a day to make the blood go to your scalp and help with hair growth...Well you do now! haha.
The smell is very strong of mint, I honestly feel like I have covered my head in tooth paste haha, but its a very fresh smell, you know the feeling you get when you have just brushed your teeth and then breath in cold air, yeah that feeling but on my head...I quiet like it haha!
They suggest that you use the mask by spreading it all over your hair leaving it for 15-20 mins and then to wash it off with shampoo, however I decided to put it on, have a hot bath because the steam again helps the mask to work its magic and I sleep with it on over night and was my hair in the morning. After I  have washed my hair it feels amazing! so soft! With the thickening side of this mask whats its meant for...I think its a product you have to commit to, its not an over night miracle worker! but I have been using it for about a month now once a week and I am now starting to see a change, yes I still lose hair but no where near as much as I used to, my ponytail is fuller and when its down it looks thinker.

If your willing to stick to one hair mask for a while then I would say go for it! You get 225g in a tub and it costs £9.95 :)

Lots of Love
Pollypocket
xxxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cara Wood | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig