Friday 26 April 2013

The Beauty Things I Suck At || Tag

I have seen this tag a few times on YouTube and I think its an amazing idea. I don't know about you but I read some blogs and watch some youtubers and think 'how are you so perfect?!' This tag is such a good idea because nobody is perfect!! :)

So the things I suck at...

Liquid Eyeliner/Eyeliner in general
I can't do liquid eyeliner to save my life! My eyes never look the same EVER!! I have come to the conclusion that my eyes are completely different shapes and just look odd with eyeliner on them. Then when i go to correct and eye or 'even' them out abit I always end up looking like a panda!! Then I try and take it off to try again and end up looking like a Panda that's just been crying! aghhh!!!

Eyeshadow
If an eyeshadow look involves more then 2 colours I just can't seem to do it! People who seem to be able to just pile eyeshadow on and it ends up looking amazing...I am jealous of your skills! I have tried it a few times, after watching tutorials and I always just end up looking like I have been punched in the face haha...I just cant do it!

Eyebrows
I have been trying to grow my eyebrows out for a few months now and because they look well abit wild I have been using eyebrow pencil to make them look a little bit neater, but I can't ever make them look even, they are both different shapes and one is always darker than the other!! Anyone else have this problem?

Nail Varnish
Painting my nails I am fine at, I'm pretty good at keeping in the lines as they say, its the maintaining on the nails I am crap at, I fiddle with my fingers all the time I think its like a boredom or a nervous thing but this always makes my nail varnish chip and then once one has chip I have to peel it off and then once one is off they all come off! agh!! I think thats why I change my nail colour so much because my nails don't hold nail varnish very well anyway, but I really don't like the look of 'naked' nails i have to have something on them, which is really not good for them at all!

Fake Tan
I've got really pale skin and I really don't tan well, So to look alive in summer I have to sue some sort of fake tan, but I just cant use fake tan, I put it on thinking I have got everywhere well and even but when I wake up it always looks awful and streaky and because I'm so pale I usually end up looking like an Umpa Lumpa!! not good! 
I don't really like the instant tans because there aren't any in a good colour for me but I like the gradual tans.  I don't suppose you have any recommendations for pale skin?

Well there you go, I could probably think of even more things but I'll leave it at these for now! :) 

I tag you all to do this tag, Makes you realise your not alone haha! If you do do it make sure to leave your link in the comments!! I can't wait to read them!

Lots of Love
PollyPocket
xxxx
Share:

21 comments

  1. Liquid eyeliner is my demise as well!
    xo Annie
    newenglandromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it just never goes right does it! haha xx

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the tan, I find no fake tan really looks good on pale skin. It's ok for nights out but in broad daylight looks so patchy and orange, I'm yet to find one that actually looks convincing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well let me know if you do haha!! glad i'm not the only one! x

      Delete
  3. Great post :) I'm not great at liquid liner x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same with the nails! They look fine when I paint them, but after a whole day in school (where I get bored and start to play with my nails and stuff) they get all messed up! Ugh
    And about the eyeliner, I used to have that problem so I tried gel eyeliner and it's quite easier I think!

    Love this, might do it x
    http://nudedelight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hav tried gel eyeliner, but i find it smudges on my eyelids really easily, i have oily eyelids :(

      You should do it! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I don't like fake tan either :O its so messy and looks horrible on my pale skin haha, great post. Hope you had a great weekend xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha its same for me with fake tans!
    This post was fun to read <3
    New follower and love your blog, xx.

    www.officialpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :D, It was fun to write! :D you should do it!

      xx

      Delete
  7. I can't do liquid eyeliner to save my life. My friends laugh at me because I'm meant to be the one that's into make-up! I know what you mean about nails. I'm studying for exams at the moment and the nerves are making me tap my nails a lot which is making them chip.

    morethanpinkglitter.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my god I have the same problem with fake tan! All of friends do it but whenever I do I just look streaky and orange. Just followed you, such a cute blog. Check mine out if you have time :) x
    http://theadventuresofhann.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahah I'm just the same with fake tan! I can never paint my right hand with polish, I always over pluck my eyebrows etc ahah I just suck at make up stuff full stop
    Great post!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't do nail varnish!! I really need to learn, but I have a nasty habit of biting them and I wish I didn't I want long nails so badly, but a habit is a habit! So hard to crack. Lovely idea to place this tag onto your blog! ♥ shanmurray.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to bite my nails really badly!! I find if i have nail polish on I don't bite them as much because they look nice! :) xx

      Delete
  11. This made me laugh a lot!! I am also rubbish at fake tan!!

    With the eyeliner, try looking down into your mirror, do the line up to outer corner and do the same on the other eye. When you've done that, look straight on and do a dot where you want your flicks to go and then join them up!!! Practice makes perfect!!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you hun! I will try that and let you know how I get one! :) xxx

      Delete

© Cara Wood | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig