Wednesday 25 June 2014

Banana Muffins topped with Honey and Cinnamon frosting

Hello PPb's

So today is a day off with no plans so what else could I do but bake :) and I really wanted to do something different. So as I'm going out for dinner with my dad tonight and he can't eat Chocolate I decided to make some savoury muffins and you can go wrong with Banana muffins with Honey and Cinnamon frosting to add a little twist!

I actually followed Anna Saccone's recipe for the muffins so I'll link it here. Much easier than you having to try and follow my ramblings on here. But I'll list the ingredient for you :)

You will need!

250g self raising flour
1 1/2 tsp baking power
1 tsp Mixed spice
125g light soft brown sugar
50g Sunflower seeds
100g dates
2 large eggs 
2 large bananas
75g butter, melted
125ml semi skimmed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Frosting you will need!

1 1/2 cup of icing sugar
1/2 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
1 tablespoon of honey 
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

To make the frosting you really simply mix all the ingredients together in one bowl and bobs your uncle its made! :) So quick and easy but tastes like you've created an amazing concoction.
These are so yummy and where so much easier to make than I thought! :) Have you ever made Banana muffins before? What about the Honey and Cinnamon Frosting?



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cara Wood | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig