Wednesday 28 September 2011

Hair of the day - Braided loop updo

Hello lovelys, sorry its been so long :(

Today I did a really simple and elegant updo, its a bit different, but it was look really nice for autumn and winter. Its a simply two braids rapped around each other and pinned together with a flower slide.


My hair is very fine so I have small plaits, however this could work on any hair type, I feel it would look better on a person with thinker longer hair, although as you can see it does still work and look pretty on thinner mid length hair.

How its done.

The first thing you need to do is split your hair into two parts, just as you would do if you where doing two little piggy braids, then do two braids one on each side.


Now take one of the braids and take it round to the back of your head, looping it, and pin it with a bobby pin.


Then take the other side and do the same thing, however this time instead of just pinning it straight down, loop it under the other braid and bring it back around to pin in the middle.


The last step is to just add a flower slide (as shown in the first photo) just to hide the two bobby pins, this makes it look 'finished' and lot tidier.

You don't have to use a flower slide, it can be anything you like, I just used a flower because thats the only one I had to hand.



I hope you like it, and do send me pictures if you try thing look, I would love to see how it looks :)

Have a happy hair day 

PollyPocket
xxx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cara Wood | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig